The Social Service Club Dipsites go beyond the boundaries of the school to lend a helping hand.
Life is all about caring and sharing. And this habit can be inculcated only in the formative years. Every school aims at the overall development of the students, but we at DPS, turn promises into a reality. The SOCIAL SERVICE CLUB of the School chalks out a detailed plan to enable students to reach out beyond the classroom to lend a helping hand to the needy.
- Visit to slum areas – Student Members of the club visit the slum areas along with the Teacher In-charge and Doctor medicines to spread preventive measures in different seasons focusing on common ailments and diseases which these areas are prone to face due to the change in weather condition time to time.
- Visit to Old Age Homes – The club organizes activities specially during the festival season for the Sr. citizens of the society who are otherwise leading their life in isolation as neglected members. Sometimes these senior members are also invited to the school to attend function specially organized for them wherein they are felicitated.
- A Unique Endeavour – Student teacher volunteers – Students from school assume the role of the teachers and take up various aspects of education by forming different clubs to teach students of DPS-GSK. It is a good learning experience for ‘student teacher’ as well as he ‘taught’. The different clubs are – GK Club, Maths, Spoken English etc.
- ‘The Joy of Living’ – The students of DPS Indore take the initiative to reach out to lesser privileged classes by donating money, clothes, medicines, grains and anything that would bring a little joy & comfort in their lives.
- Helpage India Campaign – Each year the children from different classes make generous contribution by collecting funds from their neighborhood. This money is used by Helpage India to provide various facilities to the aged people.